“Surfboard transport made easy: Tips for hassle-free trips!”
Transporting your surfboard safely is crucial to ensure it arrives at your destination in one piece. Here are some tips for proper surfboard transportation:
- Do not put your board through the side of your car, windows or sunroof.
- Do not slip the board through the trunk without protecting it with a board bag or sock.
- Do not put the board inside the car or van all the way against the windshield.
- Do not leave your board locked inside the car for long periods.
- Do not buy cheap tie-downs for strapping your board to the roof of the car.
- If the board is inside the car, get a board bag and make sure there is enough space for it to rest comfortably without pressure.
- Strap the board in with a seatbelt.
- If the board has to go on the roof and you don’t have crossbars or a hard rack system, get a name brand soft roof rack system.
- Fins up and fins forward when placing the board on the roof.
- Double-check everything before driving off.
Remember, spending a little extra on a board bag, tie-downs or a soft roof rack system can save you from potential disaster. Take the time to properly set up the transportation of your board, and always drive and surf safely.